After the disappointment and frustration of last week, this week has been much more productive. I have now started Chapter 2 of my latest manuscript and it appears to be progressing relatively well. Even though my degree is taking up the majority of my time, the sessions I have spent writing this week have been successful.
On average, I wrote around 600 words per hour. As it is most common for me to write on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, this added up to around 1200 words in total. My character's journey is starting to take shape; he is already taking those first steps into the unknown, and the lack of confidence that weighed me down last week seems to be nothing more than a blot on the horizon.
Writing for me is what I am best at. I take it very seriously and can become frustrated if my work is not going the way I intended. This week I have managed to regain my rhythm, put the first parts into place and now I am feeling much more confident about my ability. Oh and if you're wondering what the latest is with Heartbound, there will hopefully be some news to bring you very soon (that's all I'm saying!).
Roll on next week!
Photo: By Quatrostein (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons